Friday, August 13, 2010

Kindergarten











Yesterday, I sent my first baby to school. Well, actually she went to school for a few tests and I stayed with her the entire time. Next Wednesday, Aug 18th, I will really have to walk her to the door, give her hugs and kisses and send her in....without me....


From the moment she was born on August 29th, she has literally been with me almost EVERYDAY. There are a handful of nights that I have not been the one to put her to bed (like seriously maybe 5-6 nights she has spent away from me), a handful of times I haven't been the one to take her to our preschool and even less times that I have slept in the same house with her.


Molly has gone to school with me at Steps of Faith Preschool since I started working there 3 years ago. Last year, I was her teacher and she was my student and don't think for a second it didn't bother me when she says the other day, "Mommy, I just wish you could be my teacher."


Molly is a very smart little girl. She's been able to write her name forever, knows all her letters and numbers (even up to one hundredty one, one hundredty two and so on), she colors like a dream, has a love for books and can sound out words. Do I worry about her educational experience? Not really. Do I worry about being away from her? Yes. Not so much for her because she is oober excited to be in kindergarten and begin to learn things away from her daddy and brothers and I but I guess the bottom line is.....

I am going to miss my Molly so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself, Toni Jill! I feel the exact same way. Can't believe our babies are taking these big steps! Seems like they were just toddlers, so dependent on us. :( Now they're starting their own little journeys.

    ReplyDelete