Thursday, August 5, 2010

Operation Beautiful


I faithfully watch the Today Show every morning that I can (unless of course I have to turn the channel to cartoons or a "kid show") and this morning I was struck by a segment that I thought was absolutely necessary and perfectly wonderful. There is a gal that started a project called Operation Beautiful where she is determined to change women and girls self-esteem, one Post-It note at a time. All she has done is encourage fellow women by posting a simple note in restaurant bathrooms, office mirrors, etc all over the country and it has caught on like wildfire. Not only in the US but all over the world! I am totally inspired!


She stated that more women and girls in our country suffer from anorexia and bulimia than from breast cancer. I FOUND THAT STAGGERING!! Who can you encourage today with a simple "You are beautiful" note? How many lives will you touch with a "You are unique, please never change" Post -It in a bathroom at your favorite restaurant? Take a look at her website. Read her book. Be encouraged!


"There could never be a more beautiful you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment